Do you think green veggies are boring? Are you planning for your fitness regime? Well, in this content, we are highlighting a few green super foods that are suggested by a certified holistic nutritionist and essential for us to have in our diet. These green vegetables are very nutritious and quite tasty to eat. Without wasting time, take a look at what they are and how they benefit our health.
- Endive: Rich in calcium and vitamins A and K, endives, are excellent edibles if you consume it as sprouts, arugula or weeds that would provide a powerful addition to holistic nutrition routine of yours.
- Leeks: These leeks prove smartly when replaced with onions. Try experimenting with your food and toss other veggies with leeks. This edible would provide you with better taste and its richness in nutrition makes it more acceptable. Since it has a high percentage of Folic acid as well as vitamins K and A, it should be cooked at least thrice in a week.
- Okra: Why not adding Okra instead of regular carrot or cucumber in your salad? Rich in vitamins C, A and K, okra acts an excellent side dish. It also possesses a good percentage of mineral and phosphorus. Okra can be used in any salad or soup to make it more healthy and tasty.
- Avocadoes: Avocadoes are yum! It is one of the favorite vegetable of many people. It contains a good quantity of folic acid as well as vitamin K and this green veggie is used in various kinds of burgers and proves an ideal ingredient in vegan Cobb salad.
- Turnip greens: Say yes to strong bones with just one glass juice of turnip greens. These greens are highly rich in calcium. One cup of its juice contains 197 mg of calcium.